Friday, December 14, 2012

Thrift Store Finds


I had no classes yesterday, so I decide to go down town before hitting the books. I did geeky things; get coffee, hit up both the comic book store and finally check out the new thrift store. Let me put something out there, I love a good thrift store and a good hunt. Mostly because I enjoy finding something tacky that I can turn into something wearable. This is what I manged to find that I could work with... 

The necklace on top had really cute charms that looked liked oxidized metal but with the chain that was used it was really to busy for my tastes. Time to take that one apart. The earrings on the left were well...tacky to say the least. But the wooden beads in the middle gave a great idea, the same thing goes with the pair on the right, the charms are cute, but the both pair in my mind need to be a bit more "rustic".




















Right, I took all the charms of the the necklace and basically turned them into a charm bracelet with some extra blue beads that I had laying around. I have no idea what I'm going to do with the chain though.....The earrings on the right I swapped out the blue beads with czech picasso seed beads and also added a third dangle to make it more aesthetically pleasing to the eye. The last pair I updated "Little Blue Bird"  with the wooded beads. Ta Da!

In other news: final week, right I have two finals and of course the first one is on Monday and the last one is on Friday. So I have to stay here all week.  

No comments:

Post a Comment