Friday, November 2, 2012

Lucky Tea Bracelets

I have been working on creating not a cheaper bracelet for my store but I guess more casual one that you can layer with other bracelets. So after a few pieces of scrap paper, I came up with a couple of designs.  This is one of them...I call them Lucky Tea Bracelets.(No idea why, but it has a nice ring to it.)  Multi-layer Japanese floral print cord that is wire wrapped at the ends, with an evil eye and tea bag dangle charm. Also fancy clasps.(umm...sort of)





8 comments:

  1. Awesome Zoe, can you believe I have the same Japanese cord, So fresh. I guess it suppose to be Tea time bracelet anyway, very pretty and I love the name.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love these Zoe! I have looked at that cord always admiring it but never knew what I would make. You have come up with a beautiful option.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE these! absolutely gorgeous style ... so very boho (my fav!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really love the look of these bracelets! I have some of this cording from a previous project. Could you share whether you strung the cording over memory wire and, if so, how did you wire-wrap the ends and deal with the ends of the memory wire? Maybe the cord is firm enough and you didn't need the memory wire?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't use memory wire, I found the cord to be strong enough to use by it's self.

      Delete
    2. Thanks, Zoe! I experimented yesterday and did use some memory wire inside the cording---had to make a small loop inside at each end so the wire wouldn't poke through. Worked pretty good. Today I will make one without using the memory wire, like your examples. Your bracelets are lovely!

      Delete